Friday, March 02, 2007

Let there be light



Well. Woke up to an unpleasant surprise earlier in the week. This greeted me as I sat down to the computer with my cup of tea....



Yes. A black screen on my monitor. This is the second monitor my computer has gone thru in the last 6 months. The first one went, I am sure, because we used it while we were on a generator, while we were renovating. When that one went I dug this one out of storage, as I'm too cheap to not use what I got. It's probably at least 10 years old and has a 14 inch screen. Still, it worked. Last weekend I realized it had developed a strip across the front but hey, I could see around it.


Now the black screen. I have no desire whatsoever to live without my computer. So, counted my pennies this morning and took off on an adventure to find the best monitor for my miniscule bucks. And after much shopping I purchased this:


19 inches, widescreen. Its gawgeous! Only problem: my computer doesn't have a video card that can take the type of resolution this monitor requires so everything is kinda stretched out. Still, its gawgeous.

Now off to read blogs and answer emails. Whew! Couldn't breathe there for awhile. I have no idea how I lived without a computer but I don't wanna go back. Lets hope the universe doesn't decide I need a new computer to go along with the new monitor.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sonya said...

I thought I had been left out in the dark. Glad to see you have a new monitor. Hope to hear from you soon.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home