Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Birthday Goodies!

SO. I had a birthday on monday. Got some gift certificates to Borders and Barnes and Noble from family and I haven't decided yet what Pete is going to get me. Had a nice dinner and tried to relax after spending the last couple weeks living and breathing restaurant work. Darlin Daughter B got me some really beautiful flowers:







All in all a wonderful birthday, but nothing that really....surprised me.

UNTIL TODAY.

Look what I got from my online knitting buddy Sonya!



Oh Yeah, Baby.

A GORGEOUS bag to carry my sock project in!

Some really yummy Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock. Iris Garden colorway. One hank already wound so I can cast on right away! Made some socks for one of my sisters for christmas last year and it is my favorite yarn. So smooth and silky. Just hadn't really had the opportunity to buy some for myself but they were at the top of my next to buy sock yarn list.


And, the piesta resistance...Lantern Moon SOX STIX! Size 1, 5 inches long - exactly what I use. I had actually been hankering for these on monday when birthday window shopping online. Very nearly bought them but convinced myself to wait a week to see if I found something else I wanted as well.

HOW Sonya got the message from the cosmos that I wanted these so bad I was dreaming about them I have no idea, 'cause I've never once mentioned them to her.
Just take a closer look at these babies



The picture stinks but hopefully you can see how wonderful they are. I can't wait to use them! And did you catch the cool bag they are laying on? Yep, same bag - reversible!! I swear I had a summer dress when I was a tot that was made out of material that looked just like this. Don't remember it feeling like silk like the bag does, but the pattern on both sides brings a smile to my face for sure.

Chocolate Cherries? Relegated to car socks.

Thank you so much Sonya. Gotta go cast on!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sonya said...

I am so glad that you liked everything. I have been looking at those sox sticks too. Touching and feeling them every time I went into Dee's. If you take a look at the skein I have a Super Girl bag that was made by the same friend that made yours. You have to do something to make getting older bearable;)

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home